Taking Form Jade Studio
411A Highland Av. #319
Somerville, MA 02144-2516
• University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BFA in Sculpture, 1977
• Parson’s School of Design, NY, NY, Course work in Jewelry Design, 1979–1981
• Columbia University, NY, NY, MFA in Sculpture, 1987
• Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, MA.
Presently Senior Exhibits Specialist, responsible for leading a team of four museum installers, mount-making, and display case design. HUAM is the home of the Winthrop collection of ancient Chinese jades, the best collection of Warring States and older jades in the western hemisphere.
Freelance museum installation and mount-making, 1988–2000:
• Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Cambridge, MA, 1996–2000
• Cooper-Hewitt Museum, American Craft Museum, NY, NY, 1988,1989
• Private Collectors in New York and Boston, 1988–2000
Commission design projects and freelance work:
• Carved wax and metal model making, bench work in gold and silver for artist-jewelers in New York, notably Sean Gilson, and Cathleen Bunt. 1981–1988